Friday, May 26, 2017

The Witch Hunter Series by Michelle Krys

The Witch Hunter Series by Michelle Krys
Published between 2014-2015
Summary on Goodreads
Review:
I think this series was okay.  The plot was quite interesting with the whole sorcerers, witches and warlocks.  But that was pretty much it.  The characters specifically Indie was not at all interesting.  If it wasn’t for the interesting plots in both books, I would have given these books up.

So obviously I thought the author did a good job with the plot.  There were the necessary plot twists that kept me on my toes and there were always some sort of mystery going on that I had to figure out.  Overall, I found the plots in both books to be entertaining and intriguing for me.

The characters, however, were a completely different story.  The main character, Indie, was someone I could not like at all.  I found her annoying and shallow.  I’m not even sure how she even qualified to be a main character.  She was so boring.  I found her whining at the most inopportune times.  Honestly, I’m not even sure what Bishop saw in her because from what I saw, she was not attractive, personality-wise, at all.  Actually, scratch that.  I do know what Bishop saw in her because Indie is supposed to be hot being an ex-cheerleader/ex-popular girl and all that so I’m pretty sure that was the only thing going for her.  Okay, granted, sometimes she was a little brave with the whole “must-find-Paige-and-save-her” phase but when she went about it, I was very confused about how idiotic her actions were and yet somehow the author allowed her to succeed in saving her? 

I also didn’t really see the appeal in Bishop as well.  In the first book, he seemed like your average jackass with his weird smirk and whatnot.  And in the second book, he became super protective and forbade Indie from doing anything crazy to find/rescue Paige.  I mean, I get that he wants to protective for his girlfriend but it was such a strange and abrupt turnaround from his personality in the first book that I couldn’t wrap my head around it.  It didn’t feel like a smooth transition.

Overall, like I stated prior, the plot itself was interesting but the characters needed a lot of work.  Not only for their development but also in terms of relating with them.  So if you totally don’t mind badly developed characters and only care more about the plot then definitely check these books out.  Otherwise maybe a pass will be better. 
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015