Monday, April 3, 2017

Blog Tour: A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi Q&A


Hi everyone!  I'm super excited to show my first Q&A with Roshani Chokshi, the author of A Crown of Wishes.  Let's just get right into it!

1. A Crown of Wishes is about Gauri. Did you always know you'd want to tell her story, or did something about her story feel untold to you after you finished writing The Star-Touched Queen? Was her character influenced by any people that you knew? 

Yes. Gauri’s story had always had a special place in my heart. I left her story purposely unfinished so that I could follow that emotional thread in ACOW. As for her character, she’s a lot like my little sister. Courageous, fierce and full of compassion.

2. Who is your favorite character in the book and why?

Kubera, the Lord of Treasures. I like how his motivations are neither benevolent nor sinister, and I like how he conceives of treasure as a very intangible thing.

3. If you could meet any characters in your book, who would it be and why? 

Probably Aasha. I’d be scared that she’d touch me, of course, but I think that she’d have amazing stories to tell.

4. Did you always want to be a writer? What inspires your writing? Why did you choose to write YA novels? 

Well, I always wanted to be a sorceress. And writing is its own sorcery. So yes.

My family and friends inspire my stories. I always return to the stories I grew up with or the stories I never had. I’m inspired by the places I’ve visited and the places I haven’t.

YA is a critical emotional landscape. It has emotional immediacy and consequences, vivid feelings and so much wanting. I don’t think we ever divorce ourselves from that sense of scrambling to find who we are. I’m not always sure that I know that answer for myself and so writing YA often feels like discovery.

5. Any hints on your next project? Will you continue to use mythology as your inspiration? 

I can pretty much guarantee that mythology will always be in my stories. My next YA project is THE GILDED WOLVES. It’s a dark, sultry, ish-heist story set in the glamorous La Belle Epoque era of Paris. I love it to pieces, and I can’t wait for readers to meet the characters and world!

And, that's it!

More information on the book:
A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
Published March 28, 2017

Buy links:
Amazon
Audiobook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015