Monday, October 31, 2016

Blog Tour - How To Keep A Boy From Kissing You by Tara Eglington

How To Keep a Boy From Kissing You by Tara Eglington
Published October 25, 2016 (first published February 1, 2013)
Summary on Goodreads
Buy on Amazon

Review:
Definitely one of those cute fluff books that I always tend to love.  They don’t usually have a lot of depth and are usually pretty predictable but they’re always incredibly fun to read and this one was no exception.  And it’s funny because even though I know what’s going to happen and everything is so damn predictable, Hayden and Aurora’s relationship still tugs at my heartstrings especially with Hayden and his not-so-subtle messages. 

So the one thing I can say that still confounds me is the fact that no one, no one, was able to point out that hey, maybe Hayden likes you!  I mean, okay granted Aurora probably can’t tell since she’s the recipient of said affection; however, how did none of her friends notice anything?  Especially since he was always teasing her and whatnot and everyone knows that guys are kids until they’re like 25 (still debatable!) and before then, the only way they know how to show affection is to tease you.  So for me, it was a pretty obvious duh.  I guess that wasn’t the case for Aurora and company.  Regardless, I found the dynamic between the two to be sweet.

Aurora’s friends were also a riot.  At first, I thought they would be just normal best friends but that was in the first chapter or two with Cassie but then Jelena and the other two girls got involved and I realized they were more of a group and apparently they were the most popular girls (at least that was the impression I got after reading a few chapters and from the way people acted around them).  That was certainly not the impression I got since your usual group of popular girls were typically bitchy and shallow but that wasn’t the case with them (except for Jelena who was definitely your typical class-A bitch until she redeemed herself at the end).  They actually cared, were nice to others and actually put your friends first rather than boys (again, except for Jelena!).  So even though they were popular, they certainly didn’t act like they were and went about like normal teenage girls and I actually liked them.  Which is a rarity for me.

The plot was cute – Aurora was way too obsessed with the whole Prince Charming thing but at the same time, I have to give her kudos for actually sticking with it and waiting it out for her “Prince Charming” for that first kiss.  It actually made things a little more romantic, in my opinion.  And for those on Goodreads that say that her and her friends were way too obsessed with boys and fashion – hello!  They’re teenagers.  Of course that’s what they’re into it.  What did you expect?  It’s actually more realistic in the regular world than those books where the protagonist is like 16 and out saving the world.

Overall, it’s a cute book.  If you have time to spare and enjoy these fluff novels then definitely check it out.  I really enjoyed the dynamic between Hayden and Aurora – they really do sound like an old married couple in some ways.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015