Monday, July 25, 2016

Heist Society Series (#2-3) by Ally Carter

Heist Society Series by Ally Carter
Published between 2011-2013

Review:
Still a fan of this series plus the other spy series that Ally Carter has written.  I really like her characters and I have to admit, I do love espionage which is why I love all those cop/spy movies so this series was no less interesting. 

The one thing that I liked a lot about this series is how these young teenagers manage to fool incredibly smart adults time and time again and it’s never for their own gain.  Especially Kat who now only steals things to return them to their rightful owner.  I love the way how these teenagers think – so smart and logical.  Sometimes I wish I was like them or like a spy because, honestly, how cool would that be?

I can’t decide if I enjoyed the second book with the Cleopatra emerald better or the third book with the Hale industries better.  They were both equally good and had a lot of twists and turns.  However, for the third book, it definitely hit a little more close to home due to the relationship between Kat and Hale and it seemed as if the adversary was a lot smarter too.  One thing that I didn’t fully get was the relationship between the two actually because they didn’t seem to have the typical boyfriend/girlfriend dynamic.  They seemed more like rather very good friends.  Plus his family didn’t even know who she was.  I’m just glad that things worked out for both of them at the end.

Another thing I found interesting about this series is the fact that all of their cons have interesting names like the Alice in Wonderland or Anastasia or whatever and they’re usually based off of some fairy tale.  And it’s funny because the kids in the Bishop family actually spend a lot of time studying up on these famous cons so they can reenact them.


Overall, I found the books to be highly entertaining and I love the banter between the Bishop families.  I believe there will be a fourth book coming out at some point so I’m looking forward to it.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015