Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Monthly Summary: May 2016

First of all, this month has been a super slow month for me.  I was away on business for two weeks on the other side of the world so didn't really have much time to read unfortunately.  Also I meant to publish this yesterday but with the holiday and stuff, everything this week got pushed back a day. Meaning, my posts will be up today, Thurs. and Sat.  Everything will resume to normal next week.

Books I read:
1) The Sweetest Thing by Christina Mandelski





Rating: 2/5

















Rating: 3/5













3) Brother Odd (Odd Thomas #3) by Dean Koontz





Not Yet Rated.

















Rating: 3/5












5) Cogling by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek





Rating: 3/5

















Rating: 4/5












7) Princess of Tyrone (The Fairytale Galaxy Chronicles #1) by Katie Hamstead





Rating: 4/5
















Not Yet Rated.













9) The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson





Not Yet Rated.

















Not Yet Rated.












11) In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane




Not Yet Rated.


















Not Yet Rated.












13) Married with Zombies (Living With the Dead #1) by Jesse Petersen





Not Yet Rated.

















Just two more!












15) Flip This Zombie (Living With the Dead #2) by Jesse Petersen





Not Yet Rated.

















Not Yet Rated.












Books I didn't finish:
1) Odd Hours (Odd Thomas #4) by Dean Koontz



I actually tried really hard to read this book but it was just so boring that I simply couldn't.  I feel bad because now I can't finish the last book for my NYPL Read Harder Challenge so I have to go to my second book choice. Thank god I had the foresight to pick a second book.















I feel kind of bad...I feel like I barely tried with this book.  Opened it, read a chapter and a half and promptly gave up. It was SO BORING.












3) Artificial (The Kepler Chronicles #1) by Jadah McCoy




I feel like the synopsis for this one was so promising yet it didn't follow through.  I put it down after a few chapters.

















Again, interesting synopsis but I felt like the book started off weirdly and lost interest quickly.











5) Huntress by Malinda Lo




I had high hopes for this one but somehow after just a few pages, I got bored and didn't feel like dealing with this anymore.












Books I received:





Mixed feelings about this one...












2) Karma (Drag.Me.To.Hell, #1) by Nadine Nightingale





Cover looks very enticing lol
















This is apparently book 3 so now I need to scour the earth to find the first two books.












4) Traveler (The Traveler Chronicles #1) by Dennis W. Green





The cover really needs some work but the synopsis looks promising.

















Glad I managed to score the second book too.












6) Invision (Chronicles of Nick #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon




I read the first few of this series but haven't caught up yet.  I guess this means I need to start cracking...












And that's it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015