Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Blake's Pursuit by Tina Folsom

Blake's Pursuit by Tina Folsom
Published February 25, 2016

Review:
I’m a fan of the Scanguards books only because I love how the series have this core group and each book essentially extends the core group just a little more.  Also, I enjoyed this book a lot because Blake is first introduced in the first few books of the series when he was still in his early 20s and now, he’s probably in his mid-40s but forever as a vampire in his 30s.  And you can see how much he has grown and matured from the first generation books.  I found it quite endearing.

I’m not sure how I felt about Lilo in this book or what the allure about her was.  I didn’t think that there was anything specifically special about her personality or her looks to be honest.  She came to SF only to find her friend whom she basically ditched because she thought her book due date was more important than her best friend’s crisis.  But when she randomly bumped into Blake, I felt like there wasn’t any sparks flying between them but then suddenly they’re attracted to each other and after a few days, they fall in love.

I guess I’m just not really into Lilo and was hoping for someone better for Blake since I really liked him and his dedication to Scanguards.  So I just a tad disappointed in Lilo; however, overall, I still enjoyed the book.  The ending was another thing that I didn’t really like actually because it was a little anticlimactic.  I was expecting this huge gun fight when they were rescuing Lilo’s friend but no, it was subtle and before you even blink, it was over. 


I did enjoy Wes in this book and the introduction of this other preternatural creature and society.  I think that will be very interesting.  Plus, I’m really hoping that Wes will get together with Roxanne.  If they don’t, I’ll be so pissed.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015