Friday, December 4, 2015

Monthly Summary: November 2015

Hello again and Happy Holidays!  I can't believe 2015 is coming to a close (only one month left!) and with all the holidays going on, this month has been an incredibly slow month for me, in terms of reading.  I suspect that next month will be about the same but hopefully January will be better.

Books I read/reviewed:



Rating: 3/5

















Rating: 3/5













3) Lure by Deborah Kerbel




Rating: 3/5

















Rating: 3/5













5) Lord John And The Hand Of Devils (Lord John Grey 0.5, 1.5, 2.5) by Diana Gabaldon




Rating: 3/5

















Rating: 3/5













7) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré




Doing a reread of the Harry Potter series because it's been a long time since I read the entire series in one swoop.
















Still a great series, as always.













9) Drums of Autumn (Outlander #4) by Diana Gabaldon




Still rereading this series...

















Rating: 4/5













11) Dangerous by Shannon Hale




Rating: 2/5













Books I received:
1) The Furies by Natalie Haynes




Not actually sure why or how I got this since this was published more than a year ago but hey, new free book is still a new free book, amiright?













2) Médicis Daughter: A Novel of Marguerite de Valois by Sophie Perinot




This is historical fiction so I am a little apprehensive but the synopsis looked promising so fingers crossed!
















So this was also originally published back in 2014 but I guess the paperback is being published now which is why I received it.














Books I couldn't finish:
1) Succession by Livi Michael



This book actually had a lot of potential especially if you're into historical fiction which I'm not but I was still vaguely interested in the subject.  However, after reading a few chapters, it was too difficult for me to follow the book.  Why?  Because literally every chapter was a different POV that you were just expected to know.  Obviously it was getting too complicated for me.














I had high hopes for this book due to the high ratings from Goodreads - alas, I made it to page 10 and promptly gave up because it was just so boring.  I couldn't get into it whatsoever and didn't wish to waste my time any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015