Monday, July 20, 2015

Spoiled Series by Heather Cocks

Spoiled Series by Heather Cocks
Published between 2011-2012

Review:
These are definitely books that you can read while you are on vacation or just simply being a beach bum.  It’s light, full of fluff, and fun.  These are the books that you read simply for the joy of reading them without having to deal with a lot of heavy subjects like the previous review that I wrote about.

Molly, the MC in the first book and a strong secondary character in the second, is very naïve.  I found her to be too trusting and honest for her own good.  I mean, yes she came from middle of nowhere America but she’s moving to Hollywood to be with her famous father.  I think that fact alone should make someone a little more guarded – it’s pretty much common sense.  Unfortunately she was naïve to the extreme and got some repercussion from her innocence.  Thankfully she gained some backbone during the book and I was glad that while she grew some backbone, she was still herself and didn’t get too caught up in the famous-by-association thing like a lot of celebrities or wannabe celebrities out there.

Brooke was such a bitch to Molly.  I mean, yes I understand that she was shocked to hear that she had a sister who lived in the middle of nowhere America but the way how she acted to her was appalling.  I had hope that she would change her ways which, thankfully, she did and I’m also extremely glad that she became a lot better in the second book.  I actually think that the whole sister thing helped Brooke a lot emotionally as well because she was having daddy issues since her famous father was never around and she had no one to share that with.  With her new sister who faced the same dilemma, it was definitely something that helped bond the two together.

One thing that I didn’t really completely understand was the feud between Brooke and Shelby.  It was never really mentioned why they hated each other and why they were always out to get each other but the fact that they did.  I wish the author went into more details or at least gave an explanation as to the history between the two.  Did something go sour?  What happened exactly?

Their father, Brick, was just so absent.  He claimed that he wanted to learn more about his daughter and whatnot but he was never there. And during the few times that he was actually there, he was constantly distracted by phone calls, fans, his own thoughts, etc.  It was a little confusing to be perfectly honest.

Another character that I also really liked was Max, the MC in the second novel.  I thought she really shined there and I really enjoyed reading about her personality.  She was a little 2D for my taste in the first novel as Molly’s best friend but in the second, as the MC, I really got to know her more and admired her for taking the bat when Brooke needed it.


Overall, great series for a fluff read. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holed Up In A Book © 2015