Hello again on this spectacular day! (Not really as it is currently snowing in NYC. Again.)
So I just found out that there are currently two challenges going on at Goodreads that are dedicated for YA readers like me and you. Therefore, I think it would be a great idea to partake in these challenges as well. And hopefully you will also be able to join in.
Challenge #1: 2015 A-Z Challenge - more information here
- Duration - January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015
- You can read in any order as you wish
- Since this is a YA challenge, at least 50% of the books should be YA
- Either the first word in the title of the books or the authors name (first or last) should correspond with the letter in the alphabet
- You should omit "a" and "the" in the titles
- Letters Q, X and Z can be positioned anywhere in the titles or the authors name
- Example: C - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins; D - Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Challenge #2: Spring Quarterly Challenge - more information here
- Read a book that is a new release published in March, April or May 2015. If you have trouble obtaining one of these books, you are allowed to find a book released in these months in 2014
- Read a book whose title starts with one of the letters of the word SPRING
- March is Women's History Month. Read a historical fiction book told from a female perspective
- March 17 is St. Patrick's Day. Read a book with a green cover
- March is also Umbrella Month. Read a book with an umbrella or a parasol on the cover
- April 4 is D.A.R.E Day. Read a book featuring drug use
- April 22 is Earth Day. Read a book with environmental theme (this can also include natural disaster dystopians)
- May is Get Caught Reading Month. Read any book of your choice, but it has to be read entirely in public
- May 2 is Baby Day. Read a book with a teenage parent or features pregnancy in any way (such as forced pregnancies, abortions, pregnant parents, etc.)
- May 16 is Biographers day. Read a biography or autobiography or a book that is based on an actual famous person
I will be keeping track of these challenges in my left sidebar with links back to this post so you can always keep track of the rules. Again, if you need any ideas, do not hesitate to click on the link above - it will lead you to their respective Goodreads page with book ideas.
I would love to know if you are going to partake in these challenges too and would love to know your progress! :) So please comment below!